The purpose of the North American Equipment Dealer Association is to
- promote the general welfare of retail agricultural, construction, outdoor power, and large property equipment dealers in the United States and Canada
- aid in the commercial and professional advancement of dealers-members
- collect, compile and disseminate information and data of value or interest to its members
- aid and protect its members collectively in any and all of their proper business relations
- foster cooperation and fair practices between manufacturers, distributors, retail dealers, and customers
- encourage and support equitable practices and high business standards within the industry
- cooperate with other trade groups and organizations in matters of mutual interest and concern
- encourage and promote legislative activities
- do all things properly within the scope of an association of retail equipment dealers
NAEDA is affiliated with 15 state, regional and provincial associations made up of member dealers in their area; 14 of the associations are in the United States, one is in Canada. Each association acts as an autonomous unit within the area it serves. Together, NAEDA and its affiliates provide a wealth of services to approximately 5,000 equipment dealers in the two countries.
NAEDA’s subsidiary organization NAEDA Services, Inc., is responsible for the respected NAEDA Equipment Dealer magazine, the annual NAEDA Buyer’s Guide, NAEDA Update e-newsletter, and similar services.