Are you required to fill-out the OSHA 300 Logs?

Author: Amy Volk | Posted: 1/16/2013

Under the OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements, most employers are required to record work-related injuries and illnesses using the OSHA 300 logs. However, many businesses, including dealerships, are currently exempt from most of the requirements, dependent on store's primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code. 

All business activities that generate revenue have been assigned a SIC code. The primary SIC code of a business is based on the activity that generates the most revenue. As an example, several different business activities are conducted at an automobile dealership; however, most of the revenue typically comes from the selling of automobiles, therefore the SIC code for Automobile Sales, 5511, is used.

Read more to find out if you are exempt or non-exempt.

Source: KPA