Congressional tax video considerations
Categories: U.S. Legislatitive Issues, Top Stories |
Author: Amy Volk
Posted: 10/29/2013 |
Congress is getting ready with conference committees to meet their deadline of December 13 for a budget “reconciliation” under the Continuing Appropriations Act of 2014. Below are eight (8) links to YouTube videos created by the staff at the Institute for Humane Studies (IHS), which is part of the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.
One of the projects that IHS has is a program called “Learn Liberty” that engages scholars, faculty and students on various issues – notably economics. Their program has done some novel things with short form videos (approx 5 minutes in length) and animation to help viewers better understand these complex and difficult to communicate issues concerning what the conferees must consider.
These short videos are very well done, get right at the heart of the challenges in simple, easy to understand charts and explanations. These videos should inform and educate you about government spending, national debt, taxes and tax rates and entitlements.
- Does Government Have a Revenue or Spending Problem?
- Funding Government by the Minute
- What if the National Debt Were Your Debt?
- How to Fix Our Fiscal Crisis
- Will Higher Tax Rates Balance the Budget?
- Will Taxing the Rich Fix the Deficit?
- What Are the Dangers of Too Much Debt?