Latest industry Trends Watch:
Spader Online Services
Advertise with NAEDA > >
In the past dealership hiring was orchestrated through channels like newspapers, TV ads, and recruiters. In this day and age, social media rules. Social media has proven to be a great source for hiring people across all industries, including the automotive industry. Using social media for hiring is at an all-time high: 92% of companies use social media for hiring.
Consider the following statistics:
• 45% of Fortune 500 firms link to their career page on social media.
• 93% of companies use LinkedIn.
• 66% of companies use Facebook.
• 54% of companies use Twitter.
So is social media working for recruitment?
• 73% of employees have been successfully hired with social media.
• 42% of companies claim candidate quality has improved.
• 20% of employees say it takes less time to hire on social.
Job seekers like using social media as a job hunt tool too:
• 14.4 million of US citizens have used social media to search for a job.
• 29% of job seekers use social media as their primary took for job searching.
The statistics prove that social media is no longer merely for personal relationships, and goes beyond internet marketing. Social media allows you to advertise your job opportunities and select potential employees from a broader pool of applicants.
This article is provided by KPA, a provider of HR Management and Internet Marketing services for over 5,100 Auto, Motorcycle, RV, Heavy Truck/Agricultural dealers. Contact KPA for a sample social media policy or interest in our services at email@example.com or 800.853.9659.
Article Statistics supplied by www.staff.com.