Creating a New and Improved NAEDA
Posted: 3/25/2014 |
In September 2013, NAEDA’s leadership amended the association’s bylaws as the first step in creating a new structure/brand that will enhance the value proposition for NAEDA members. The ensuing changes are intended to provide:
- Greater visibility for the association and industry;
- A stronger, united voice for the dealers;
- Increased focus on the three most important issues facing the industry - manufacturer relations, government relations, and regulatory compliance;
- Enhanced communications;
- Transparent processes and procedures; and
- A leaner governance structure capable of reacting more quickly to the ever-changing needs and opportunities within the industry.
In early March 2014, a group of members and staff gathered in Phoenix, AZ to discuss the necessary changes and processes for implementation.
Everyone agreed that eight priorities or focus areas will need to be specifically addressed as NAEDA transitions to a new model:
4. Manufacturer Relations
5. Government Relations
6. Regulatory Compliance
7. Member Services
We are currently in the process of forming task groups to address each of these priorities. The groups, comprised of members and staff, will study and discuss each of the focus areas to develop specific recommendations for implementing the necessary changes. If you would like to serve on a task group, please contact NAEDA at email@example.com or 636.349.5000. The greater the participation, the more likely we will arrive at the desired outcomes. Thank you for being a valued member of NAEDA.